Sunday, February 22, 2009

ROAD TO KENTUCKY - WEEK 3

Race 1:

My Selection: #1 - Deb Doright

RACE RESULTS: #7 - Presentee broke from the outside at 6-1 and went gate to wire relatively easy. I would have never selected the #1 at odds of 0.50 on the dollar. Over bet and not close. #3 and #8 rounded out the trifecta both at odds of near 5-1.

POINTS EARNED: 0
OVERALL CONTEST POINTS: 1612

Race 2:

My Selection: #6 - Mary's Message

RACE RESULTS: Big favorite #2 - Silken Creek went straight to the front but wilted in the stretch. My selection #6 with Adolfo Morales aboard pounced and a couple longshots, #4 and #7 ran up into second and third.

POINTS EARNED: 198
THIS WEEK'S POINTS: 198
OVERALL CONTEST POINTS: 1810

Race 3:

My Selection: #6 - Dbl Ott

RACE RESULTS: My selection broke terrible and never got into the race. Cassie Papineau got the favorite out and won easily by 6 or so lengths. #1 and #3 ran into second and third at short odds.

POINTS EARNED: 0
THIS WEEK'S POINTS: 198
OVERALL CONTEST POINTS: 198

Race 4:

My Selection: #6 - Nautical Candy

RACE RESULTS: I got a terrible trip from J.Rivera as he usually gives his horses. Vergara and #4 - Latino Summer one relatively easily as favorite. #3 and #8 rounded out the tri at short prices

POINTS EARNED: 0
THIS WEEK'S POINTS: 198
OVERALL CONTEST POINTS: 1810

Race 5:

My Selection: #3 - Woody's Bluff

RACE RESULTS: I should have went with my second choice #1 - Vikkilee after I found out the scratches. My choice never got rolling under Eikleberry. Came in a very formful 4,6,1

POINTS EARNED: 0
THIS WEEK'S POINTS: 198
OVERALL CONTEST POINTS: 1810

Race 6:

My Selection: #7 - Louder

RACE RESULTS: Big favorite won again easily as they usually do down at TUP. Gate to wire relatively easily M. Hernandez brougth in #2 home for second and #7 rounded out tri.

POINTS EARNED: 32
THIS WEEK'S POINTS: 230
OVERALL CONTEST POINTS: 1842

Race 7:

My Selection: #1 - Albacore Bob

RACE RESULTS: #5 - Mayor Marv trained by Baffert won in hand on the front end and it wasn't even close. Second choice #6 - Hidden Bounty ran second and Eikleberry brought home the #7 for third.

MY POINTS: 0
THIS WEEK'S POINTS: 230
OVERALL CONTEST POINTS: 1842

Race 8:

My Selection #8 - Peter's Charity

RACE RESULTS: #8 went gate to wire by a head the entire way. Impressive win for having horse flanked the entire way around the track. Chalk #2 ran second. Longshot #9 ran third.

POINTS EARNED: 174
THIS WEEK'S POINTS: 404
OVERALL CONTEST POINTS: 2016

Race 9:

My Selection: #9 - Last Cowboy Song

RACE RESULTS: My longshot gave me a lot of hope going into the final furlong dueling with the leader. Quit at the top of the stretch and 9-1 longshot of the day #8 rolled up on the outside for victory. #5 and #3 rounded out the prices.

POINTS EARNED: 0
THIS WEEK'S TOTAL: 404
OVERALL CONTEST POINTS: 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment